Planning your interview outfit can be a costly and stressful experience, but you don’t need to break the bank to impress your potential employer. We’ve come up with five essential interview dos and don’ts to help you prepare.
1. Don’t try to stand out from the crowd. Plan an outfit that suits your potential working environment. You don’t want to give the wrong impression before your interview has started.
2. Do be careful with what you wear- it’s better to walk in dressed to impress. If you’re not sure of the dress code, always err on the side of smart rather than casual.
3. Don’t wear anything you’ll feel uncomfortable in. Your interviewer will not appreciate having to watch you ‘surreptitiously’ scratching at your new jumper.
4. Do make sure to plan your outfit ahead of time. You don’t want to be waking up the morning of your all important interview and realising you have nothing to wear. The more prepared you are the less stress you’ll feel.
5. Don’t think about your outfit after you’ve entered the room. You’ve already done all the necessary outfit prep and hair checks, now is the time to wow them with what you know. Your clothes can’t answer those important questions for you.