Do you ever find yourself getting confused whilst searching for jobs? Here at jobs24 we want to ensure our users get the most from their online search so we’ve created this step-by-step guide on creating the perfect job alert.
A jobs24 job alert sends you emails about the latest jobs posted to the site which match your specific criteria. Job alerts are free to create and you don’t have to be a registered user to set one up, however bear in mind that if you don’t have an account you can’t view or sort your alerts.
To create your job alert follow these simple steps:
- Visit http://www.jobs24.co.uk, if you have an account log in at this stage.
- You’ll see a large blue box titled job search. In the ‘Keyword’s’ box enter the job type/position you are looking for. In the ‘Location’ box add the county, city, town or village you are looking to work in, being as broad or specific as you like.
- On the new screen you will see another blue box titled email me jobs like these. Before you name your alert and enter your email address make sure to use the fields on the left hand side to filter your search. The fields are as follows:
- Category – This field allows you to select the specific job sectors you are looking for. Tick the sectors you want to receive job details for.
- Region, County, Town/area, and Locality – These four sections allow you to ensue your job alert is location specific. Depending on your original location search you may not be able to alter some of the fields.
- Job type – This section allows you to identify whether you are looking for a full or part-time role or a variation.
- Salary, per hour/pro rata – If you would like to receive wage specific jobs you can adjust these categories.
- Age of listing – This category doesn’t work with job alerts as all the jobs we send you are our most recently added positions. Please leave this section blank.
- Search from location – This is an alternative field to the location search boxes. If you would like to centre your search on a specific postcode then this feature is the best option for you.
- Once all of your criteria have been specified and you’re happy with your selection it’s time to create your alert! Simply enter your job alert name and email address and click ‘save job alert’.